Monday, January 19, 2009

Here's the latest from Elder Winget:

Let me tell you about what's going on... I did get transferred, but BACK to Ducos/VDT, so right now I am in the same thing I was before when I was with Elder Manarani. I have 2 sectors, and I'm in the same branch. I'm with Elder Wilcox, who has been here for about 3 weeks, so I'm more or less follow up training. He's a very great Elder, and he knows French a little bit already... Enough to understand and be understood. Not perfectly, but he's great either way. Also I'm now.... Dun dun dun... District leader!! Ah!! I don't know what the crap I'm doing as a leader, so it's interesting. So far it's okay. I have to do an hour district meeting every week and I have no idea what to do, but we'll see how it works out.. :) Also we have a car for as long as the two sectors are together, which looks like it will be only for about 2-3 weeks, after which Elder Troutman will go back there and train a new Elder. Also I think I told you about Atiu a few times, he is doing really well and we're debating whether to engage him to baptism this week, or wait a little longer. Crazy! We'll see! So basically, I have all the amis de l'eglise i had in VDT, just with a few more from Ducos. Ducos is a really great sector, and I get to stay in the same branch, so I'm happy to be there. I'm also the driver, so that's interesting. I suck at driving manual transmission.. but it's alright so far. Nobody is dead, and I only stalled a couple times on the way here. :) Um, other than that, I might have to lead the music at church on sunday. :) and.... hmm.. nothing else too crazy.

So here's a funny little video of Collin interviewing Elder Manarani. He asks him ( in french ) to say things to our family, and Elder Manarani says "they won't understand" and Collin tells him that his mother knows french (ha ha - I only took french in high school and I don't remember much) Then Collin tells him to speak in English, and to say the things he has taught him. You will hear exactly what Collin has taught Elder Manarani- it's funny. Then Collin does a crazy little dance at the end. I hope you like it.

0

1 comment:

  1. Elder Manarani is very awesome. "Stop your crap, Elder Winget!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete