Friday, May 9, 2008

Entering the MTC


We said goodbye to Collin at the MTC on April 30, 2008. It was harder to say goodbye than I thought. I had tried to mentally prepare myself for this day for a long time, but when it came right down to it, I cried so hard I thought I would run out of tears! You can tell from the picture that Channing and I are the big cryers in the family.  
  They had a name tag all ready for him with "Elder Winget" and the name of the church in French printed on it. It was exciting to see him with it on - in spite of our tears, we truly are so proud of him! I took a blurry picture of his dad putting on his tag. 
   We had to wait a week to get a letter from Collin. MTC life is very busy! Here are some quotes from his letter " Everything is going great here in the MTC... My companion is Elder Amundsen from Sandy, and we are both going to the same mission...I am getting along really well with everyone and even though I was really quiet the first day,I'm starting to make friends and it's all good.  The Spirit is quite strong here and it's helping me a ton.  I'm glad I'm here."
   " I'm having fun and stuff. And learning French and stuff.  I know how to pray in French which is cool."    "Tell everyone you know to write me!"  "Please take note  that I can usually only write for a few minutes a day, and I may not have time to respond to every letter with a big, long, in-depth letter... However, I will always have time between classes to read your letters so I hope you don't stop writing."
   Speaking of writing to Collin, one of the best ways to do that is through DearElder.com.  I'm not smart enough to know how to make a link to that website from here, but it's worth checking out.  You need to know his mailing address ( which is posted on our first blog entry).
You just go to the DearElder site, and you can type him a letter, which they will print out and deliver to the MTC for free. So, you don't have to worry about whether you have any stamps or envelopes around, which I never do anyway, and that's why I am terrible at sending letters to people!  I now have to make a 2 year resolution to get over that bad habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment